The Metal Life Car The Inventor, the Impostor, and the Business of Lifesaving

Posted on
  • Saturday, August 20, 2011
  • by
  • Bandar Tplink
  • in
  • Labels:
  • I thank Susan Buker, my daughter- in- law, for her critique of my early draft. My thanks also go to John Arrison of the Penobscot Marine Museum Library, Jean Vickey of the Erie County Public Library, Cynthia Ploucher of the National Parks Service, Outer Banks Group, and Frances Hayden of the North Carolina Maritime Museum for the information they supplied. I would be remiss if I did not thank the Jacksonville University personnel, especially Anna Large, research librarian; Margaret Dixon, from interlibrary loan department; and Peggy Rickey of duplicating.
    Also, I thank the following organizations for their permission to publish a photograph from their archives: the Smithsonian Institution for the photograph of the Francis metallic lifeboat; the Erie County Historical Society, Erie, Pennsylvania, for the print of Douglass Ottinger, Cutter Service; and the Bangor Public Library, Bangor, Maine, for the photograph of the Penobscot Lumberjack’s Batteau

    Download

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please No Junk